A meal before a workout is a must, if you are trying to gain muscle. It is very important to have a tremendous supply of energy as well as muscle building fuel to your body during an intense workout.
To make your workout more effective, a good combination of carbohydrates (energy giving), proteins (muscle building) and some fats (protective and energy giving), should be included in your pre-workout meal and should be consumed 2 or 3 hours prior to your workout.
Note : If you are planning to consume your meal very near to your workout then fats should be avoided and this recipe won’t serve its best purpose.
Here is an attempt to make a pre-workout meal (Omelette-rice cuddle), that will meet all the demands of a fantastic workout. I am sure you are going to like it’
SO HERE IT IS!!
- Eggs – 2 whole and 2 egg whites
- Plain Steamed white rice – 2 small bowls (300 grams total)
- Salsa sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Ginger – 1 tablespoon
- Onion – 1 medium (Chopped)
- Chillies – 2
- Capsicum – 1 small (diced)
- Coconut oil – 1.5 tablespoon
- Salt – 1.5 teaspoons
- Garam masala – ½ teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Fenugreek leaves (Kasoori methi) – 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper – 2 pinches
- Rose water – ½ teaspoon
RECIPE : Let omelette and rice cuddle 🙂
- Chop or dice the below ingredients in the following manner
- Break 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites in a glass and add ½ teaspoon salt and 2 pinches of black pepper and 2 chillies, garlic and ginger to it. Beat the mixture with the help of a spoon.
- Now place a frying pan on a medium flame and add ½ tablespoon of coconut oil to it.
- Let the oil heat up and add the onions to it. Sautè till it becomes golden brown in colour.
- Now take out the onions in a small bowl.
- Again add a few drops of coconut oil to the pan and add your egg mixture in it to make an omelette.
- Take out this omelette in a plate.
- Again add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to the pan and add 1 teaspoon fenugreek leaves, 1 teaspoon cumin seeds and diced capsicum to it. Saute for 2 mins on a high flame. sprinkle a little water if it starts to dry up.
- Now add 2 small bowls of steamed white rice to the pan and pour 1 table spoon of salsa sauce, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon garam masala and ½ teaspoon of rose water over it.
- Mix it well and fry for 2 to 3 mins on a medium flame.
- Now spread the fried rice over the omelette and garnish it with the golden brown onions we prepared earlier.
- Now roll over one side of omelette to make an omelette-rice cuddle.
- Enjoy your delicious and nutritious meal and get set go for your workout.
All the best.
And do not forget to check out this amazing high protein meal – Chicken-Oats Lollipop