We all like sweets. Isn’t it?
Is consuming sugar bad for your health?
Trust me.. It’s not…
All you need to do is to outsmart your brain by giving it what it wants, but it should be your way.
Instead of consuming empty calories in white sugar, try replacing it with jaggery which is also sugary but also packed with many vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Not only this, jaggery also helps in improved digestion, detoxification of liver and also improves immunity.
So next time when you think of adding sugar to your glass of milk, try adding jaggery instead. Trust me, it will taste much better…
I love to add some extra calories before and after my workout and it proved to be very helpful to my extreme workout sessions.
I tried to pack some other ingredients with jaggery to make Jaggery-Peanut Butter Choorma which is easy to consume on the go or when you are in hurry.
You can make these simple choorma anytime and store them to consume 1 hour before or after your workouts.
SO HERE IT IS!!!
- Jaggery – 45 grams
- Peanut butter – 1 tablespoon
- Desi ghee – 7 grams (1 ½ teaspoon)
- Chapatti- 2 and ½
- Crush or grate 45 grams of jaggery into a granular or powder form and take it in a plate.
- Now take 2 and ½ freshly prepared chapatti and tear them in very small pieces and add to the plate.
Note: Use freshly prepared chapatti, otherwise the mixture will not bind together properly.
- Now add 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and 7 grams of desi ghee on the above mixture.
Note: Use crunchy peanut butter and if the consistency of your peanut butter is more liquid then you can add some oats to it.
- Mash them together and divide the mixture in 4 parts.
- Take each part of mixture in your hand and roll them to make balls one by one to make Jaggery-Peanut Butter Choorma.
- Enjoy your meal.
All the best..