Whatever your goal is, fat loss or muscle gain, if you know how to optimise your serving size and ingredients of your meals you are good to go. Certain combinations of food ensure supply of every possible nutrient to your body or what we say, balanced meals.
Here is a simple recipe of one such example : SOYA-CORN DUM BIRYANI
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINS
- STEAMED WHITE AND BROWN RICE : 1 LARGE BOWL
- SWEET CORN : 50 G
- SOYA CHUNKS : 20 G
- MUSTARD SEEDS : 1 TSP
- CUMIN SEEDS ; 1 TSP
- MUSTARD OIL : 1 TBSP
- TOMATO : 1 LARGE
- ONION : 1 LARGE
- GARLIC : 3 CLOVES
- GREEN CHILLI : 2
- SALT : 1 TSP
- TURMERIC POWDER : 1 TSP
- CORIANDER POWDER : 1 TSP
- GARAM MASALA
- Pre-soak soya chunks in hot water and keep it aside.
- Now dice onion, tomato, green chili and garlic cloves.
- Take 1 tbsp mustard oil in a hot pan and after few seconds add 1 tsp cumin seeds and 1 tsp mustard seeds to it. Sauté for 20 seconds on medium flame.
- Now add chopped onions, tomato, green chili, garlic, soaked soya chunks, and sweet corn to it. Sprinkle ½ tsp of salt on it.
- Mix the whole ingredients and sauté for 3-4 mins on medium flame.
- Add 1 tsp of turmeric powder and 1 tsp of coriander powder and sauté for 3 more mins on a medium flame.
- Now put the gas on low flame and concentrate the whole ingredients in the center.
- Now add mixture of white and brown rice over the ingredients in such a manner that it completely cover the whole ingredients..
- Press the rice gently with the help of spachula from the center as well as from the sides. Now sprinkle ½ tsp salt and 1 tsp garam masala over rice uniformly.
- Now turn off the flame and cover the pan so that steam could not pass through it.
- Leave it for 5 mins.
- Now mix the whole ingredients with the help of spatula
- Your delicious Soya-Corn Dum Biryani is ready to serve.
Find more delicious as well as nutritious recipes HERE…